Monday, September 3, 2007

Edelweiss


Yesterday was a BIG Birthday Day. Happy Birthday to Grandpa Nathan and Jacob.
We had to watch Sound Of Music again last night. I have seen that movie 100 times . I just cant seem to understand why the family had to run away at the end? Can any one help me. Oh and I had to Google Edelweiss . Peyton loves that song . I guess in all 101 times i have seen it i never got the meaning of that song till now. Ill end today in song :
Edelweiss, Edelweiss.Every morning you greet me.
Small and white, clean and bright, you look happy to meet me!

2 comments:

Adams Clan said...

Ok -- you knew it would me to answer this right? They run away because Austria has been occupied by Hitler and the Nazis. Captin VonTrapp did not believe in what Hitler was doing. If he stayed he would either have to serve or die. Therefore he and his family went to Switzerland, a neutral country just over the mountians. Here they could live in peace. They eventually moved to the United States.

Adams Clan said...

Inspired by Peyton's enthusiasim of the movie I broke ours out today. They liked the songs. I cheated though. We have the DVD and I just selected the songs I knew they would like. We watched "The Lonely goatherd" about 10 times!!