Monday, August 18, 2008

Mackinac/ Mackinaw

This is what Kevin and Peyton made on the beach ? Hippo maybe?


This picture looks better on my camera I can't edit here on Blogger.... That's too bad cause its cute!
One of many sunset pictures from our campsite! I will show my favorite soon.


We are now back from our Vacation to Mackinac. We Camped in Mackinaw city, and had the best view of the bridge and Island! Priceless! We did go over to the the Island one day which we all enjoyed very much. Peyton loved all 300 horses. I don't know about any of you but I had never been. I cannot believe it took me 31 years to go. Any one out there been there before ?If so how long ago?



Kevin and I learned a lot on this vacation. 1) we now know more history about Mackinac/ Mackinaw or should i say we now know the history. 2) when camping, always bring a bike or a car to get around. 3) wind blowing off the lake may cause injury ( don't ask but it was funny) 4) always take a picture EVERY NIGHT at sunset in case the next night is not as nice. 5) always wear sunscreen at the beach even if you don't think you need it yet! 6) trying to teach a 3 year old its OK to go potty in the lake is impossible.



I have sooo many pictures to show all of you so i will post some a little at a time. I would do a slide show but I don't have the time or the patience at this time. enjoy...

2 comments:

Theresa said...

You were only 1+ hour away from me and I didn't even know it!?!?! You could have come north to Paradise and gone to the Blueberry Festival and stopped by to see us.

Yes, it is great on the island, but a bit pricey to get there these days for a family if you ask me. Ryan and I haven't been to the island in probably 12 years. We don't plan to take the kids till all 3 of them can ride bikes no problems.

Isn't the bridge beautiful? My favorite thing is to see it at night and drive over it at that time. Gorgeous!

Glad you had a good time!

Laura said...

Looks like a fun trip! It's been a few years since I've been there probably about 4 years, I know it was before Karli. Congrats, BTW ;)!