Peyton 3 years 4 months : Today I took Peyton to the doctor for her Physical for school. Yes I said school .( sorry, no pictures) I guess even for preschool you need to have a physical on file. As always Peyton did great! Vision, Hearing, Hemoglobin and Blood Pressure all checked! Oh and Vaccinations all up to date. She is good to go! I did learn that she must stay in a car seat until age 4 or 40 LBS. Then can move to a booster seat. Am I the only one out there that did not know this? I thought it was 33 lbs. Peyton is only 32 lbs, i thought i was almost there. Now I have a whole year to go because i know she will not be 40 lbs before then...
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
All I know is kids have to be old now to sit with out a booster and in the front seat, not like when we were kids.
I also think they just recently changed the law that it is now mandated that kids up to a certain age/wt are to be in BOOSTER seats or they can ticket you. Before I thought booster seats were "suggested" but not a law. I think back to Ryan's family when he was little.........9 kids and 2 adults all in one station wagon, not enough seatbelts, some kids sitting on other kids' laps....and they survived!
Renee--I took this from Michigan.gov. I'm still trying to find out if this is a primary offense or not.
Michigan's new booster law takes effect July 1, 2008, and requires children who are not yet 8 years old or 4' 9" to ride in a properly fitting child safety seat or booster seat. Informational materials are being distributed to licensed day care centers, Head Start programs, local public health departments and others to ensure parents and caregivers are aware of the new law.
Alright, I found something finally in an article from a Saline Newspaper:
"The new law will take effect July 1, 2008 and will be a primary
enforcement law. This type of law allows officers to stop a
driver for that violation alone and issue a ticket for each
improperly restrained child. Violators will face a fine
of up to $65."
Post a Comment