So i finally found it on DVD. Peyton loves this movie and will sit and watch most of it. As i have said before she loves the Puppet show and the kids saying good night. She now sings goodnight as she goes up to bed. I got the Special 40th anniversary edition which has an extra disk with special features. This is what i have learned about the making of the Sound Of Music.
Liesl, the oldest girl, was 21 yrs old when the movie was made.
The oldest boy was 14 and grew 6 inch during and grew taller then Liesl.
Christoper Plummer, the Dad, did not like kids and had it in his contract (before this ) not to work with them or have them on set .
Most of the movie was filmed in CA and it rained most of the time when they filmed in Austria
When Liesl was filming 16 going on 17, they forgot to put grips on her shoes and she flew threw the glass gazebo.
Ok am i boring you yet? I am 30 yrs old and just now understanding this Movie.....
Did you know this was a true story..... ?
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
The Sound of Music
Posted by Peyton's Place at 9:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I remember seeing the Sound of Music when it was first released in theaters. It played to a packed house night after night at the Carolina theater in downtown Charlotte, an old-styled theater similar to the Fox in Detroit, but not as lavish.
It was a great movie then and still is. Julie Andrews is the actor I remember most, having just seen her in Mary Poppins the year before.
I did know it was a true story. We, or at least I, really liked the movie as kids. I can remember singing all the songs too. Did you know the family moved to the USA??
I actually saw this on stage too. Rob Meteer took me.(This was before Doug) Marie Osmond played Maria. We had great seats but I remember her voice didn't want to work on the first song. It was a terrible beginning but the rest was great. It was almost like she didn't warm her voice up before going on stage.
The triva is fun. What else did you learn? Oh and what do Peyton and Kevin want for Christmas??
I actually met a lady in Shreveport that knew the family when they lived in Vermont.She said that they liked the movie but that they actually drove over the mountain...they did not have to hike!!
I just read the top of your blog and had to laugh at the PBS show reference. I would type the show, but I have absolutely NO IDEA how to spell that kids name!
very true aunt judy...infact the time table is off. A lot of years past between the time they got home from the honeymoon till they left in hiding....
my greatest sound of music memory is when i tried out for the stage play at LHN when i was like 7. I didnt get the part. Drew did. I cried a lot. and also to this day " Do, a deer" is the only song besides "heart and soul" that I can play on the piano. see you tomorrow!
I remember that play too, R3. I had forgotten that you tried out for the part. Was that while I was still at LHN? I think it was but it was so long ago....
Post a Comment